With over 21 years legal experience, Andrew Winters, co-founded Cohen & Winters in 2009. As one of the key strategic partners, he has helped the firm grow considerably.
After graduating from Duke University School of Law, Andrew spent more than six years honing his skills at the public defender’s office. Since entering private practice in 2006 Andrew has frequently appeared in court litigating different types of cases, particularly in the areas of criminal defense, personal injury and divorce cases. He has achieved victories before judges, juries, and the New Hampshire Supreme Court. In recent years Andrew has pivoted to become the firm’s point person for estate planning, drafts will, trusts, power of attorney, and related documents for firm clients.
A native of the Washington D.C. area, Andrew has called New Hampshire home for more than twenty years. His current community involvement include seats on the Concord Zoning Board, and the New Hampshire Bar Association Finance Committee. He lives in Concord with his wife and two school-age daughters.
- Trial Attorney, Bernstein, Shur, Sawyer and Nelson, PA, Manchester, NH 2007-2009
- Civil litigation focusing on personal injury, civil litigation, employment law and criminal defense
- Trial Attorney, Twomey and Sisti, Concord, NH, 2003-2007
- Criminal defense, motor vehicle offenses, restraining order and abuse and neglect hearings
- Adjunct Professor, Franklin Pierce University, Concord, NH, 2006-2007
- Taught criminal and civil law to undergraduate and graduate students
- Developed and presented program to incoming students at orientation about criminal law
- Trial Attorney, New Hampshire Public Defender, Manchester, NH, 1999-2003
- Criminal defense, motor vehicle offenses, juvenile representation
- Florida Collaborative Trainers: Interdisciplinary Collaborative Basic Divorce Training – 2013
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy: Trial Advocacy Skills Training – 2001
- Washington University School of Law, St. Louis, MO
- Juris Doctor, 1999
- Boston University, Boston, MA
- Graduated magna cum laude with a double major in English and Philosophy in 1996